The Knights of Columbus is a Catholic, family, fraternal, service organization. This theme permeates the entire Service Program: all Church, community, council, family, culture of life, and youth activities. Members of our council can work wonders; in fact, with its many programs, we help change the community in which we live.
Servicing Our Community
Church Activities – You’ll find members of the Knights of Columbus are involved in every aspect of the Catholic Church.
- We serve as Lectors, Eucharistic Ministers, Ushers, and CCD teachers.
- We bring Communion to those who are homebound
- We serve on the Parish Council, the Finance Committee, the Pro-Life Committee, St. Vincent de Paul Society, and other Parish Committees
- We support seminarians
- We conduct “Keep Christ in Christmas” awareness campaigns
- We honor our Altar Servers
Community Activities – You’ll find a Knight in every aspect of life!
- We work on Church and neighborhood clean-ups as well as Habitat for Humanity projects
- We donate time, money, food, and clothing to local charities and support groups
- We provide food for the needy through the “Food for Families” program
- We provide financial and moral support to the victims of floods and other natural disasters
- We sponsor Red Cross Blood Drives
- We contribute to the “Chapel of Hope” program
- We remember our veterans every year at Christmas through the “Wreaths Across America” campaign
- We provide rosaries to first communicants as well as to adults entering the Catholic faith through the RCIA program.
Council Activities – Within our council, you’ll find brother Knights helping each other and our council.
- We host Communion Breakfasts for communicants and their families
- We also host spaghetti suppers, Installations of Officers, and other social events for members and our families
- We help brother Knights and their families in time of need
- We provide food for sick and needy members
- We provide help and support for bereaved families
- We remember our deceased brothers at Memorial Masses
- We recognize outstanding volunteer Knights and their families for their achievements every month.
Family Activities – A true Knight never forgets his family.
- We host annual Christmas parties and other events with our families
- We run pancake breakfasts several times a year
- We cook at family picnics
- We contribute to the “My Brother’s Keeper” program
- We help other families in need.
Special Needs Children – You’ll never find a Knight more involved than in programs helping God’s special children.
- We raise over $6,000 annually through the ‘Tootsie Roll Drive” to fund equipment and support the Special Olympics and for Children with Special Needs.
Serving Our World
Together, members of the Knights of Columbus improve our world through remarkable achievements and staggering numbers such as:
- $1.1 billion is the amount raised and distributed to the Church, community, youth and fellowman in the past 10 years
- 593 million volunteer hours in service through the “Surge … With Service” outreach program since 1998
- 1.2 million Knights and their families are covered by the award-winning insurance the Knights provide
- $38 million contributed to aid and support thousands of seminarians and postulants in their religious journey since 1980
- $20 million in the “Knights of Columbus Vicarius Christi” fund, the earnings on which are conveyed annually to the Holy Father for his charities
- $1 million in the Heroes Fund, which provides aid to the families of the emergency personnel killed or disabled during the 9/11 attacks
- $10 million collected and given to the victims of the 2005 Gulf States Hurricane Disaster
- 8,000 wheelchairs provided to people with disabilities worldwide