Videos of Interest
- Knights of Columbus – A video depicting who the Knights of Columbus are, and what they stand for and believe in.
- Knights of Columbus – The Knights of Columbus are the world’s largest Catholic fraternal service organization. Their core principles are charity, unity, fraternity, and patriotism.
- A Young Man’s Passion (Knights of Columbus Pro-Life Story) – David Bereit explains the story of the “Knight Shift” and the young man (a member of Knights of Columbus) who was the inspiration for the 24 hour vigils during the first 40 Days for Life campaign. (An excerpt from “You Can Help Save Lives”, available from www.40DaysForLife.com.)
- Founding to Future – The video covers over 100 years of Knights of Columbus history. It also goes beyond the historical, to show how today’s Knights are continuing to meet the challenges facing society and the Church. (Opens in new window – 17 minutes)
- Experience of a Lifetime – The video examines the Knights of Columbus through a series of interviews with Knights of varying ages and backgrounds. (11 minutes)
- Crowning Achievement – When St. Mary’s Church in New Haven — the birthplace of the Order — was built, financial constraints prevented a steeple from being included. This film tells how the Knights made the steeple possible. It makes an excellent addition to an open house or membership campaign. (Opens in new window – 14 minutes)
- A Day of Joy and Hope – On April 1, 2000, more than 12,000 Knights and their families came together for the Knights of Columbus Jubilee Pilgrimage to the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, D.C. (Opens in new window – 26 minutes)
- A Day of Remembrance – On Sept. 11, 2002, 1,000 Fourth Degree Knights processed into the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, D.C., for a Day of Remembrance. (Opens in new window – 13 minutes)
- Facelift for the Facade – By the mid-1980s, 350 years of wind, sun and rain had taken their toll on St. Peter’s Basilica in Rome. The elements had dulled the splendor of the church and threatened further deterioration. In the spring of 1985, the Knights of Columbus stepped forward to fund a team of artisans who refurbished the aging facade. (Opens in new window – 20 minutes)
- Faithful Christ Bearer – The name meant “Christ Bearer”. Christopher Columbus believed that he was destined to carry the faith across a body of water, perhaps to lands as yet unknown. This film is a fascinating and entertaining chronicle of Columbus as both an explorer and a man of faith. (Opens in new window – 17 minutes)
- Heroes Fund – The story of the Order’s response to assisting the families of the police, firefighter and rescue personnel killed during the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. (Opens in new window – 12 minutes)